MICROS Systems, Inc. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our current information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.micros.com.
Information Collected and Use of Information
- When you request information on products or register on MICROS Web properties, we may require you to provide your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and relevant information about the size and type of your business.
- In certain areas of www.micros.com, visitors will also be given a choice to be included on MICROS mailing lists. If you are included on MICROS's mailing list(s), we may notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable. Our site uses a registration form for users to request information on our products and services. We collect visitor's contact information (like their email address). Contact information from the registration form is used to send information about our company and promotional material to our customers. The contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings [see the choice/opt-out section below].
- We also track the referring URL of our users to provide statistical information regarding the effectiveness of our site and marketing programs.
Automatically Collected Data
Except as may be required by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or with legal process served on MICROS Systems, Inc. or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of MICROS Systems, Inc., or this site, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MICROS Systems, Inc., the site, or the public, MICROS presently does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer outside the company personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily provide in any registration or inquiry. The information that we collect is used solely to better understand visitors' use of MICROS's site and to conduct user-requested follow-up activities.
Use of "cookies"
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. User personal information is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have specific access rights to such systems.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so as not to receive future communications. The company ordinarily will process the request within 30 days of receipt. MICROS will not process third party requests.
- You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can send mail to the following postal address:
7031 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046 Attn: Webmaster
This site provides users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided. The company ordinarily will process the request within 30 days of receipt. MICROS will not process third party requests.
- email email@example.com
- send mail to the following postal address:
7031 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046 USA Attn: webmaster
Contacting the Web Site Administrator
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact
MICROS Systems, Inc.
7031 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia MD 21046
(443) 285-6000 (tel)
This site contains links to other sites. www.micros.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Children's Privacy Protection
MICROS abides by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requirements. www.micros.com does not target and is not intended for children under the age of 13, and does not knowingly collect data from children. When www.micros.com requests that a user enter personal data, MICROS does not inquire as to the age of the user. If MICROS discovers that it has personal data from a child under the age of 13 through its website, MICROS will eliminate that data from our systems.